NPS Plant Libraries – *Fully updated for 2018*
The National Plant Specification NPS: The Next Generation:
Long have we heard that the digital NPS needs a complete overhaul. So that’s what we’ve done. Gone are incomplete, inaccurate and inconsistent sizes, forms and plant details. Instead, the NEW NPS now allows data selection by plant class and sub-class, with improved structure and between plant class and its corresponding plant sizes. Add in descriptive text at every step to ensure consistency and accuracy and rationalised sizes to avoid duplication and discrepancies and the NPS is cleaner, leaner and ready for BIM integration.
The CSD planting library is provided as a fully searchable Cloud-based database, including 9,500 plants in accordance with the National Plant Specification (NPS).
Access the CSD planting libraries – login to your CSD account or directly from your Revit® session.
Search by plant class or plant name (botanical or common). Use Advanced Filters to drill down by performance and characteristic and view the results in the filtered display.
Select plants from the gallery or list to examine the finer details displayed in a pop up window.
Create and add user-defined lists of plants and non-plants from cloud-based libraries. Your CSD planting library includes in excess of 9,500 plants including NPS plant species and varieties.
Select from the available libraries, classes, sub-classes and/or free-text type. Advanced search filters drill down further – searched by characteristic/performance including…
- Soil type, Moisture, Sun/Shade
- Ultimate Height/Spread, Years to ultimate Height
- Foliage type, Colour
- Flower Colour, Feature, Season of interest
Your CSD Palettes are saved automatically to your user account, accessible whenever you need it when you login to the Customers’ Area or directly from your Revit© session.
Edit your profile to define default view options and protect palettes by setting an Admin Password for your account after login.
National Plant Specification (NPS)
The cloud-based National Plant Specification (NPS) takes the guesswork out of plant selection and procurement by providing a comprehensive and accurate ‘bible’ for planting selection and ensures an effective method of producing rigorously specified plant schedules.
Specifiers using NPS can be sure that the plants are supplied to their exact specification and different nurseries are able to provide like-for-like quotations.
The NPS covers all of the most commonly specified plant groups and defines the criteria used in the specification of plants within each – including wild flowers and native species .
What is in the NPS?
- Description of Terms: Detailed guidance on how to accurately specify planting material with clearly illustrated definitions and descriptions of the terminology.
- Summary Information: Tabular view of typical specification information by planting group.
- General Information: Supplementary information and guidance including handling, establishment, origin, provenance and root-balled trees.
- Approved Lists of Plants: Industry-approved plant species and varieties with associated specifications that are generally available in the UK/Europe.